Wednesday, August 12, 2009

"La Vie" Blog?

This morning, after having a pretty excellent and relaxing but late night, I woke up calmly and quietly. After I spent a little time waking up, I made my way to the kitchen and cleaned up. As I did the dishes, I immediately felt at peace and alive. For the first time in a long time, I was happy to just…be. There is something extremely peaceful about an empty house in the morning.

After I finished the dishes, my good mood wasn’t spent. I put on a pot of coffee while I showered, then jumped out of the bathroom to Jessica being up and about.
Eventually, my mom came home and we all drank some coffee and sat in the newly cleaned kitchen. Jessica and I walked to Hi-Co, and then spent 20 minutes reading The Inlander in the shop over drinks and Almond-Poppy seed muffins.

Upon returning to my house, I called Lyndsey, who soon joined our party. I had the privilege to meet her adoptive mother before we sped off, as wild teenage girls are wont to do. We hung out while I cleaned the living room and discussed how our summers had gone thus far.

Our conversation took a turn for the better; we had all picked up on what this summer seemed to be about. Transformation. The three of us have felt like, and can see, how we need change in our lives, and that we are the only people that can control the change.

So, when Jessica goes to college, and Lyndsey goes to Virginia, the three of us plan to instigate a new change in our lives, be it the way we think, or speak, or live in general. Everyone needs some change, once in a while, but that’s not our entire plan. The three of us are going to document our change in the form of a giant scrapbook which encompasses all three of our transformations.

How will we pull it off? I have no idea. Will we pull through? I can only hope so.

I plan on changing almost everything, from the way I eat to my self esteem, as well as everything in between. What are my tools, you ask? No tools. No guides. No rules. Just a question:

Who do I want to be and how can I get there?

Now, I’m not saying I’m going to change who I am completely. But I do need to figure out how I can be myself healthily and happily, instead of this day-to-day battle that I’ve been living.

So here you are. The summer of transformation may be over, but I’m still in the cocoon.

3 comments:

  1. I LOVE IT! We'll pull this off! there's a new beginning for everything! We three will inspire each other through this transformation! ttys! LOVE YOU!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That morning was absolutely excellent. It would only have been better had we seen Biil (that's how we spell his name. Biil.).

    It's crazy how similar our desires for who we want to be are. I think it's cool though. Who wants to be all high strung and freaked out over everything. My motto is officially "Let it be, man", the "man" being the most important part of the motto because
    A.) It gives you a totally chill air, man.
    and
    B.)I am personally addressing "The Man."

    Take that, establishment.

    LOL

    ANYWHO. I ordered a shit ton of stuff online last night. Clothes and the like. They're very boho and you'll be jealous.

    I think, if you dress how you wanna act, you'll be more successful.

    I love you, my dear Katherine, and I love Lyndsey as well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good for you m'dears! My prayers go out to all your successes :)
    It seems like once you get out of high school, it hits most people in the face that you need to grab your life by the reins because pretty soon, no one is going to do it for you, being that they're all working on themselves.
    Good luck to you 3! You're all awesome and I love you guys!

    ReplyDelete